Friday, March 26, 2010

Funny Baby Mistakes

I get an email each week from Baby Center updating me on my pregnancy, and what is going on. This week it had an article on common mistakes that parents make... This one I thought was pretty funny:

"The day my son, Mason, was born, my husband did his first-ever diaper change. He was so proud. But when he picked Mason up, our son urinated on him. The little cut-out in the front of the diaper for the belly button stump was too far down, and Mason's little pee-pee was sticking out. My husband was so embarrassed."— Brandi, Arizona

or this one I can totally see myself doing:

"When our son was 3 weeks old, we decided it was time to get out for a day with him. We packed bags all morning, trying to make sure we didn't forget anything. Extra formula, a whole bag of diapers (just in case) — you name it, we had it. We loaded everything up and trudged down the three flights of stairs to the car, but when we got to the bottom, we looked at each other and said, 'Where's the baby?!' We had left him in the apartment! We raced back up the stairs at 90 miles an hour — and found him sitting in the car carrier sound asleep. We laughed until it hurt, and never left him behind again."— Sandy

I can't wait to start posting all the funny things that we do when our little baby comes! I'm sure there will be plenty.

If you have a funny "dumb mom/dad" story that you'd like to share, I'd love to hear it :)

4 comments:

Megan said...

Ok, so my baby isn't really a baby anymore...but we had a situation that happened last week that was scary and funny at the same time. Matt and I had been in the kitchen cooking dinner, then we came into the living room and were watching t.v. while it was in the oven...we weren't really paying attention to Aubrey at all. All of a sudden she comes walking out of the kitchen swinging two HUGE knives we had been using to chop vegetables! We learned two very important lessons. First...Aubrey is now tall enough to grab things off of the kitchen counters. Second...PUT BIG SHARP KNIVES AWAY WHEN YOU ARE DONE! Holy crap...are we good parents or what?!

Jill said...

Hmmmmmmm I don't know which one to start with. How bout this: when Max is 2 and starts getting really naughty, make sure you tie your chairs to the table when they aren't in use. Spencer pulled one over to the stove while I was in the bathroom and burned his hand. On a funnier note, it's hilarious watching him try and move the chairs, and then throw a fit because they're stuck, and then crawling under them and getting stuck under the table, looking around, trying to find a way out....

Jamie said...

We left Anna in the store one time. It was only for a minute, but I felt like a h o r r i b l e parent. I was paying and Dave took kids to the car, but he thought I had Anna and she had wandered into another checkstand (to look at the stoopid-kid-level-candy-display...hate those!) Anyway, I paid and went to the car and she wasn't there. It was scary for a minute while a frantically looked around the store for her. She never even noticed that we were gone though!

Hess Fam said...

Hello cute little Williams family! Will you please email me your address I want tos end you a gift for your bambino!! brandiehess@gmail.com