"Boys can see adventure in a dirty old duck puddle,
and if the Scoutmaster is a boys' man he can see it, too." -Baden Powell
George is definietly a boys' man... I'm pretty sure he is still only 12 at heart. This is why he got choked up and had a hard time getting through the above quote when he was speaking in church on Sunday, knowing that he was going to be split into a new ward and would no longer be the Scoutmaster of the 4th ward.
I know George will give 110% with his new calling because that is just what he does, but I know that he is going to miss the boys of troop 1561 more than they will ever know.
-Thomas S. Monson


7 comments:
That is so cute! It got me all choked up too.
That was the perfect calling for him! I know he'll enjoy his new calling as well.
I hope Weston ends up with Scout Leaders like George! I started crying reading your email this week.
George is a good guy, my hope since we now have a son is for his leaders to truly love what they do and truly want them to be the best that they can be. What a blessing that is, and I'm sure those boys love and will always remember the time they have spent with him. :) What a sweet post.
george did such a good job on sunday. What a man! (boy?)
Pretty sure that was the most powerful experience I have ever had in sacrament meeting! Loved every minute of it! So sad you guys are gone out of the ward! It wont be the same without you guys!
Love it....what an awesome Scout leader! I bet George loved doing stuff like that even more than the boys did :)
Post a Comment