Wednesday, September 28, 2011

It won't be like this for long.

I've been really frustrated with Max lately.  The whinning seems to never stop, and recently the word "No" seems to be the only one he knows.

I prayed the other day for patience, that I could bear the whining or that I could figure out how to make it stop.  I was at a breaking point and didn't honestly think I could take any more of it.  The next day I was driving in the car and the song that came on the radio is one I have heard over and over again, but this time it was like I had heard it for the first time, and it was totally and answer to my prayer.

You can hear the song Here  It's Darius Rucker "It Won't Be Like this For Long" 

I realized in that moment, that it won't be like this for long... this is just a phase and it won't last.  But along with the whining and the nos, the good things that I love about my little 17 month old baby also won't last, so I need to make sure I'm enjoying every second of those good moments before they also pass me by.

So, just for my own personal record, I wanted to make sure I write down some of those good things that I love about my 17 month old so I can enjoy those moments as long as I can.

I love all the slobbery kisses.  I love that he can't get enough of me and is climbing on me like a jungle gym no matter where we go or what we are doing.  I love his little baby giggle.  I love how he loves to play chase and giggles and crawls away anytime I say, "I'm gonna get you."  I love how chubby he is, and his goofy little smile.  I love how he says "please" by rubbing his belly with both of his hands (my attempt at teaching sign langugage).  I love how he says "dit du" (thank you) everytime I give him something.  I love how ticklish he is.  I love how smart and curious he is, always picking up on new words that we say and wanting to figure things out for himself.  I love how much he loves his daddy and how giddy he gets every time he sees a white truck, "dada dada dada?".  I love reading stories to him and how if I pick the right story, he will lean his head back against my chest shoulder and get comfortable to listen to me read him the story.  I love how he waves to me every night after I put him into his bed.  I love how he cheers for himself every time he shoots a hoop into the basketball.  I love how excited he gets about food and bathtime.  And I could go on and on and on.  But for now, I'm focusing on the moment, because I know it won't be like this for long.

3 comments:

Meg said...

It's an important thing to remember as mothers...I have to remind myself of this almost daily!!! I need to spend some time with little Max! I feel like I haven't seen him in forever. (Oh, and you too I guess:) Seriously, bring him over anytime you need a break...Aubs and I would love it!

Jill said...

It's crazy how fast they change and grow out of these phases, and into the next. I can't wait to see you for a ladies night!

katie+brandon said...

I LOVE this! I need to do this when I have those frustrating days. Or weeks. Or months. It's true, they do grow up too fast! I love your little maxy!