Our trip to Lake Powell this year was absolutley flawless: No rain, no wind, no accidents, no boat problems, and no crowds.... We couldn't have picked a better week to go!
Our House Boat:
George popped right up on the slolem ski:
Ashley Skiing:
And we even got little Sid most of the way up on skis:
Look At how good we are at juggling! When it's too hot to read, and you are too tired to ski/wakeboard anymore, it's easy to get creative :)
Alison and Ashley to the Rescue:
Justin and Stacey put on a "treasure hunt" for Sid and Ellie every year, and this year the treasure was burried on the other side of the water. Lucky for Sidney, Alison and I came to the rescue with our make-shift canoe so that she wouldn't have to swim. We were laughin so hard, that the rescue boat wasn't very stable.... so it wasn't too much of a surprise when Sid decided to just swim back with Stacey. But let me tell you this: As soon as tube rowing becomes and olympic event, you better watch out, Al and I are going for the gold!
Relaxing with the "big black book" (Breaking Dawn):
George, Chris, and Aubs resorted to cliff jumping when the fishing wasn't very successful:
George was excited to tell me that he was 400 times more prepared for the Lake Powell fishing this year, however, I think a little bit of the "smith family fishing curse" has rubbed off on George becasue he had NO luck at all. The biggest fish he caught was big enough to be bait.
Ellie Playing "Dead Fish" Classic!!
Beautiful sunset:
I just love lake powell. The water is as warm as bath water, and there is always enough "glass" ski runs to go around. Plus, there is nothing more amazing than laying on your back and staring up at the billions of stars up in the sky each night at Lake Powell.











3 comments:
What a fun trip - nice and relaxing!
Your trip looked awesome. I was recently remembering you took me water sking when we were "roomies". It was my first time, and I had so much fun. I have been to Lake Powell yet, but seeing your pictures makes me want to go.
That looks like you had fun, I love Lake Powell.
Post a Comment