Saturday, April 11, 2009

A little piece of heaven

The best part about spring and summer is the DELICIOUS FRUIT!! Since Strawberries were on sale this week, I thought I'd bake up a heavenly strawberry pie... OH MAN is it good!! (The recipie below is compliments of my sister-in-law Kate)



If you want to enjoy a little bit of Heaven too, here is the recipie: It's super quick and easy.
  • 1 3/4 c. water
  • 1 1/2 c. sugar
  • 1/4 c. corn starch
  • pinch of salt
    1 (30z.) pkg Strawberry Jello-O (substitute with peach Jell-O when using peaches)
  • washed, stemmed, and sliced fresh strawberries
  • pre-baked 9-in. pie shell (Marie Callender's makes a good one, but any will work)
  • Cool-Whip

    In a saucepan, combine water, sugar, cornstarch, and salt. Cook until thick and clear. Add Jell-O packet and stir well. Take off heat and cool. Slice strawberries into prebaked 9-in. pie crust. I pile them as high as I can. When above mixture has cooled, pour over strawberries. Refrigerate 4-6 hours to set. Top with Cool-Whip to serve.

AND ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Morgan, Steph, Keira and Avery said...

Ash, I love checking out your blog because you and George are always doing something new and fun. I like to live vicariously through your adventures! :-)

The Whitney's said...

Daaaaaaang Gina!! That looks good. Call us so we can hang out? Jer

ellen insights said...

Oh my gosh, your strawberry desserts look so good, I seriously want reach in the computer and grab one.