Sunday, July 11, 2010
Finding the good.
I went to Bear Lake this weekend with some friends since George was gone with our ward for youth conference. At one point in the conversations with my girlfriends we were talking about our kids, and the tough things they are going to have to go through because of how bad the world is getting... schools are already so much different than when we were there, and I can't even imagine them 10 to 20 years from now. So, when I got home tonight, I was kind of having some anxiety about it... wondering what life will be like for Max... Will he find good friends and make good choices? Will he be happy and confident? Will there even been any good kids around for him to be friends with? It wasn't even thirty minutes after I had been telling George about my anxieties that I heard the doorbell ring. There at my door was one of the young men in our ward with a piece of tinfoil full of cookies, thanking George for spending so much time with him this weekend, and thanking me for being so supportive and letting George get away for the weekend to be with the youth. He was so sincere and so sweet. It was then that I realized there is still good in the world, and I need to spend more of my time focusing on the good instead of the bad. There are still amazing kids out there and youth, and I'm sure there still will be good kids around when Max is older and choosing friends. I just need to do my best as a mother to teach him to be good, and to help him find happiness. I hope that is something I will be able to do.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'm glad to hear that. Our conversation about that made me depressed :-( Let's just hope all our kids turn out ok and then we'll force them to play together. Ha! Actually I hope they want to play together and are as close as we all are.
That is really sweet...I've thought a lot about that too.
Post a Comment