Sunday, August 17, 2008
Maple Lake
This is one of my most favorite pictures of George and me because it takes me back to one of our first dates when we drove up to Maple Lake in Payson to go fishing. It was one of my first times fishing and I was HORRIBLE at it. Everytime I would cast my line, it would flip around and the hook would stick into George's pants or shirt.... I'm surprised, he didn't make me go stand on another part of the lake, far away from him.
After we got tired of pulling in huge strings of moss and no fish, we went deep into the woods, pulled out his love sac, and watched "Fire in the Sky" in the dark scary woods. When I told my mom what I was doing for the weekend (mind you, I had only been dating George a few weeks now and my mom had never met him) her reponse was, "You make me read this book about FEAR and talk to me about all these girls who have been abducted and murdered lately, and then tell me you are going into the middle of nowhere to watch a scary movie with some guy???" Yes, she was very pleased with my choices :) And I know it was a little crazy, but for some reason Iwas willing to take my chances with George. And we had so much fun watching our movie, and talking under the starry sky, that we didn't even realize that it was after 4AM before we finally left to go home.
In memory of such a fun memory... we decided to go up to Maple Lake again this weekend to fish and camp under the stars and the full moon. It really was the most perfect evening, and was so peaceful floating on the lake, in our little tube, with no one else around, and a beautiful full moon reflecting off of the lake! Good Times!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
That sounds like fun!! I'm sure my Mom would have reacted the same way if I told her the same story.
Post a Comment