Tuesday, August 5, 2008

SCARY!

Draper Temple:

Okay, so it may seem that I'm a little obsessed with temples on my blog, but they are just so beautiful to me. I can't get enough!! This is the Draper Temple at sunset.

George and I went on a bike ride, last night, to a waterfall called "Ghost falls" up in Draper. The trail started in the middle of some neighborhood, and then went up the canyon just behind the Draper temple. The view was amazing, but the ride was a little scary!

At the base of the trail, coming from what looked like a rapist van, I heard what sounded like the ice cream man music version of "The Music Box" playing over and over again. I got George to be brave and go with me to see where the sound was coming from, only to find that there was a little horse riding arena with a bunch of old ladies riding horses around in weird patterns to The Music Box song over and over again.... WAY SCARY!


The next scary moment was when we came across this snake on the trail. George wanted to take pictures and poke it with a stick, but I was too freaked out to even keep going on the trail because it kept squirming and could move really fast.... SCARY!!

The ghost falls were smaller than I had expected, but just a little eerie... SCARY!


And what was probably even more scary is that this picture was taken from the top of the trail. So we had to ride the entire way down the steep rocky single track path in the pitch black, and I have bad eye sight at night... SCARY!!

3 comments:

Brandon and Erica said...

hahaha..hilarious. Oh, I mean SCARY!
I think the old-lady-horse-choreography was what would've done me in. But I am glad you made it to the VERY top of the scary falls, just to get that beautiful picture!

And...I had a dream about you last night. And, it was SCARY! You and George were in a helicopter (that carries water to wildfires? random), and I looked up and said "Hey! That helicopter has Ash and George in it!" And then the copter started nose-diving to ground! So...luckily, the helicopter was made from rubber, because the copter just bounced off of the ground and landed on it's side! And you just hopped off the plane and were a little disoriented.

And then I woke up. And I was certainly disoriented :-).

So...don't go on any copter rides okay!

Ken and Jos said...

Sounds like you had a "SCARY" time!!! Looks fun though.

Kate said...

Sounds fun and 'scary!' We need to invest in some bikes for our family so we can explore. You and George need to invest in some headlamps for your late night, pitch black adventures.