The Hachette Book Group estimates 1.3 million copies were sold on Saturday after being released at 12:01 a.m. It was its largest first-day sales record. In anticipation of demand, an additional 500,000 copies were printed before publication, bringing the total to 3.7 million.
So, I know you are all wondering if I put on my prom dress and waited in line at the Barns and Noble Friday night to get one of the first copies of “Breaking Dawn,” (the last book of the Twilight series), but even though I proved that I’m a little crazy by going to see David Archulette at the high school a few months ago, I kept my cool this time, and will probably not get the book until right before we go to Lake Powell for some "light" Powell reading. Four of the girls I talked to Saturday night, at the wedding reception we went to, had already gotten ¾ths of the way through the 700+ page book, and a few more people at church on Sunday told me they had already finished it… CRAZY! Okay, so please rest assured that I’m not that crazy. But, I will probably go see the movie opening night when it comes out in December. I hope George is up for it. He hates that I pay more attention to the "vampire book" than him. :-)

1 comment:
i didn't know that you liked the twilight series!! i will be there too on opening night of the movie...except in sc...:) sadly though, i'm not even through the 3rd book.
--lindsay
Post a Comment